Maker Monday, remembering Walt Whitman and more at Fox Chapel area libraries
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 | 12:01 AM
Call 412-781-0783 to register for activities at Sharpsburg Community Library.
• Homework Help, 3:30-5 p.m. Oct. 10. Achieve classroom excellence with free tutoring. Math, reading, writing and science through eighth grade.
• Maker Monday, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 14. For ages 6 and older.
• Green Grocer, 3:30-4:30 p.m. Oct. 14. Buy fruits, vegetables and herbs from the truck that visits weekly. It will be in the library parking lot at 1212 Main St.
• Climate Anxiety Action Group, 7 to 8 p.m. Oct. 15. For adults and teens. Share your concerns about the climate/environment and focus on a local effort to help.
• DIY After Dark, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 16. To prepare for a celebration of Día de Muertos, create sugar skulls with different media. Geared for adults, but teens 15 and older may attend with a participating adult. Cost is $4.
Call 412-828-9520 to register for activities at Cooper-Siegel Community Library.
• The Wonder Women of WWII, 6:30-8 p.m. Oct. 10.
• Booked for Lunch, noon-1 p.m. Oct. 11. This month’s selection is “Melmoth” by Sarah Perry.
• Walt Whitman: An American Icon, 2 to 3 p.m. Oct. 13. In celebration of his 200th birthday, the program examines Walt Whitman’s lasting impact on American popular culture.
• Psychic Vincent Sisters, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 14. Join the Psychic Sisters Suzanne and Jean Vincent to talk about local and regional crimes, including an infamous serial killer in Pittsburgh.
• NovelKnitters, 6-8 p.m. Oct. 23. Beginners are welcome.